St Marys Town Centre - Aims & Objectives
Aims of St Marys Town Centre:
- Work in partnership with Council to implement strategies that enliven the Town Centre.
- Utilise the knowledge, skills and the enthusiasm of community representatives to benefit St Marys Town Centre.
- Identify capital works improvements that enhance the physical appearance of the town centre and emphasise what it has to offer.
- Implement elements of the city marketing plan relevant to St Marys that indentify and capitalise on the individual character of the precinct; recognise the importance of heritage as a familiar part of everyday experience.
- Strengthen existing businesses and create new opportunities for growth by facilitating and co-ordinating training and mentoring programmes for current and new town centre traders.
- Develop long term business plans (five to ten year plan) to encompass the vision of St Marys.
- Market St Marys town centre to the wider community through special events and retail promotions.
- Provide information and detailed progress reports of the Town Centre Programme to owners and traders of the Town Centre.
- Analyse and monitor the tenancy mix in the Town Centre to encourage new businesses that complimenta existing businesses.
Through implementation of the current business plan St Marys Town Centre Management has successfully achieved the following objectives:
- Continued employment of a full time town centre manager for St Marys.
- Generated funding of approximately $190,000 per annum through a Sub Category rate levied on property owners within the CBD.
- Identified necessary capital works for physical improvement of the streetscape and amenities of the area
- Redesign Coachman's Park to provide a "Centre Stage" venue for St Marys.
- For the privately owned section, owners contributed to the pavement renewal.
- Regularly generated newsletters and Town Centre meetings to keep owners and traders informed of progress and activities in the Town Centre.
- Provided feedback and advice to Council on issues affecting St Marys Town Centre.
- Implemented promotions and activities for St Marys Town Centre including:
- Christmas street decoration
- Easter promotion
- Cycle classic (in conjunction with Penrith Panthers Cycle Club)
- Mothers Day promotion
- Crazy Cash promotions
- Fathers Day promotions
- School holiday promotions
- Auction Dollars
- Community and charity events
- Retailer's networking dinners